Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Break

So last week I was on Spring Break from school, and as soon as I come back I feel like I need another break.

So what did I do over break?

Stayed up too late watching T.V. enjoying stations we don't get at LoCo like TV One. My fav shoes reruns of "New York Undercover" and "Amen". I also love Singletary Says, real big fan of B-more girl Michelle Singletary. Also I love "Black Men Revealed" that show is hilarious. I love roundtable shows, because its always about hearing people's voices, hearing various perspectives, and giving those voices a space within the context of a civilized discussion.

Also my mother wanted me to learn to cook. I still can't, but we worked on teaching me to do spaghetti. Umm I semi-remember what to do. I remember some of the highlights
1) Put salt in the water to break up the spaghetti.
2) Buy # 11 instead of #9, I think.
3) Break up the noodles when adding them to boiling water.
4) While the noodles are cooking, brown the meat and mix it with the sauce.

Yeah, so I can't cook but I can bake.



I made my grandma's version of the "dump cake"

It's a layer of apple pie filling, pineapple slices/pineapple chunks, yellow cake mix, another layer of apple pie filling, pineapple slices/pineapple chunks, and yellow cake mix. You top it all off with melted butter, and pecans. It's delish.

So yeah I can bake that atleast.

In addition I finished the third of a trilogy of books I had wanted to read. A blog is forthcoming on how I relate "Deconstructing Tyrone", "Claiming Kin", and "The Measure of a Man". A blog on that is forthcoming, maybe tomorrow :-).

Someone please remind me that next year I have to be a stereotypical college student and go somewhere where there's sunlight in March. The thing is I'm not a hot weather person, nor am I a beach person. I know odd isn't it. Someone who can do without the beach.

TTYS.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

then go visit erie. there ain't no sun there! lol. spaghetti is easy. just watch rachael ray! :) boil water, then salt it, add noodles. brown meat, drain, add it into the sauce. drain noodles, then add to sauce to coat all noodles. done. easy peasy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home