Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Perpetually Conflicted

Oh, so it's the holiday's. It's that time of year where we get nostalgic, and we reminisce, but the time of year where we also meditate on the future.

So as one semester closes, and as the seasons change, I look back and I look forward.

I look back to when I was getting ready to come to college. Why? Because I've become a de facto college counselor to my friends who are members of '007, and to students at the school where my mother works.

Here's a convo from last night. I was talking to a friend who anxiously awaits more news from colleges, as others are beginning to find out.

stormyc14 (12:26:37 AM) : lol i mean i am really proud lol, i think i'm happier for ya'll then i was for me, i mean i still remember ya'll freshman year, the lunch tables, the me kirking out and acting like a fool, but ya'll 3LW strong as ever, and now to see ya'll come into ya'll own is surreal, i mean ryan actualli talks now, lol AND URS IS COMING, YOU TOO GOOD FOR THEIR TO NOT BE GOOD NEWS ON UR BEHALF
LilBrownEyes07(12:25:13 AM) : i think thats so beautiful tho
LilBrownEyes07(12:25:19 AM) : for all of us, black, in the same friend group
LilBrownEyes07(12:25:23 AM) : i mean them!
LilBrownEyes07(12:25:26 AM) : lol gettin accepted
LilBrownEyes07(12:25:31 AM) : thats beauty right there

So since she didn't get accepted right there, I had to pump her up.


stormyc14 (12:30:32 AM) : lol but b4 i go to sleep i'mma pray to god that u get into penn or emory, right now at this moment i'm feelin emory so i'll pray harder for that one, then i'mma pray bianca gets into fordham, then i'mma pray ya'll all get money, then i'mma pray i get a gf


Then later

LilBrownEyes07 (12:33:21 AM): thanks for ur encouragement as always!

I am pretty good at the advice giving.

But as you notice from my last comment, I think people rejoice in my self-deprecation.

But it's funny. My young friends are deciding where to go to college, my old friends are deciding which grad program to go to, and I'm like ummm, can I just make it to next week. Haha, but on a more serious note, I think the holiday break, mine will be brief, will give me time to reflect on where I stand, and where I need to go from here.

Big ups to any of my friends who read this who are into college, into grad school, or into med school. Special ups to the other best friend KG for the four med school acceptances, so he'll be able to give a brother a loan when he struggling.

P.S. One more final: A take home I got to do tonight. Ha, then its over!

4 Comments:

At 3:59 PM , Blogger Chris said...

trust me, my journey started well over 7 years ago, so I know the introspective feeling. Two wasted years at a community college and 5 1/2 years at DSU later, I think I could give my fair share of advice on what to do and what not to do when high school is over. The biggest thing is continue to follow your dreams, which is what I'm doing right now.

 
At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel u on that trying to get to next week thing. I have a hard enough time planning for today.

We are going to find a way. Haven't we always?

 
At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed dreams change, but you don't stop dreaming.

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

high school sucks. i didn't mind it when i was there, but after my first week at hampton, i was like WELL DAMN!! compared to this... high school is that buuuullll ish!! hahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home