Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Moment to Dig Deep

So when I made the most recent trip out of town to a conference, one of the charges for us all was to dig deep. When we were tired, drained, frustrated, confused, or feeling any sort of way which had us unenchanted, we were told to dig deep. "Give 120%", they'd often say. If ever there is a time to dig deep it's during exam times. And sometimes being that I am not only a student at a Catholic institution, but a Jesuit one, I find myself going back to my middle school roots. That's when and where I first figured out who the heck St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits was, and found myself having to repeat daily his prayer of generosity.

St. Ignatius' Prayer for Generosity

Lord, teach me to be generous.
Teach me to serve as you deserve;
To give and not to count the cost,
To fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest.
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing I do your most holy will.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home