Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekly Words

Sunday-"The Lord was pleased to strengthen us, and remove all fear from us, and disposed our hearts to be as useful as possible."-Richard Allen, clergyman

Monday-"We can never have too much preparation and training. We must be a strong competitor. We must adhere staunchly to the basic principle that anything less than full equality is not enough. If we compromise on that principle our soul is dead."- Dr. Ralph Bunche, Diplomat and Educator

Tuesday-"The most enduring contributions made to civilization have not been made by brawn, they have been made by brain."-Benjamin Hooks, Former President of the NAACP

Wednesday-"When you hate, the only one that suffers is you because most of the people you hate don't know it and the rest don't care." - From the movie The Ghosts of Mississippi attributed to Medgar Evers and Myrlie-Evers Williams, Civil Rights Leader

Thursday-"To be afraid is to behave as if the truth were not true."- Bayard Rustin, Civil Rights Leader

Friday-"Racism is not an excuse to not do the best you can."- Arthur Ashe, Athlete

Saturday-"I believe in me more than anything in this world."- Wilma Rudolph, Athlete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home