Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Wise Words from the Women of the Civil Rights Movements

Sunday-"Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injuresthe hater more than it injures the hated." -Coretta Scott King

Monday-"Don't measure your wealth by how much moneyyou have. Measure your wealth by how many things youhave that you wouldn't take money for."
-Myrlie Evers-Williams

Tuesday-"I have learned over the years that when one'smind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing whatmust be done does away with fear."
-Rosa Parks

Wednesday-"Faith is the first factor in a life devotedto service. Without it, nothing is possible. With it,nothing is impossible."
-Mary McCleod Bethune

Thursday-"As long as you keep a person down, some partof you has to be down there to hold him down, so itmeans you cannot soar as you otherwise might."
-Marian Anderson

Friday-"Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past,threatens the future and renders the presentinaccessible."
-Maya Angelou

Saturday-“I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.”
-Fannie Lou Hammer

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

great quotes man ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home