Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, November 25, 2005

THANKFUL, GRATEFUL, AND LOVING IT

Current Mood: Tired
Currently Listening#1'sBy Destiny's ChildFeel The Same Way I Do (REALLY FEELING THIS RIGHT NOW)

Thanksgiving got me to thinking about some of the things that I love, some of the things I'm grateful for. These were some of the things which rumbled to the top of my tired mind.

1. My Mother- She be a nuisance sometime's but it's all love Ha
2. My Twin Sister- She is just looney and a lil butch but I love her realness
3. My Late Maternal Grandma- She still keeps me grounded, even if it's in spirit
4. My Maternal Grandddad- The best example of how to be a loving father and a good man
5. My Aunts- They keep me honest
6. My Uncles- They keep me humble
7. My Cousins -They keep me hood but good
8. The Rest of My Family- The drama keeps me laughin
9. My Truest Friends- The one's that talk about me to my face, not behind my back
10. My Mentors: Charlene, Sharon, Anita, Cheron, Donna
11. Kendrick- Keeps me on the up and up
12. DIP- Ha still got me trying to woo the ladies like him Ha
13. Gary- Umm that forehead be shiney, the deep convos be invaluable
14. Devin- Reminds me that any lady worth my time better be as good if not better than my lil sisters
15. Christina- My namesake, and we have an open and honest "cousinship"
16. TWin-LoL someone who talks as much as me priceless
17. Lauren- builds you up to tear you down, preparing me for the real world, and a tase
18. My TMP Fam- where it all started, at Channel 2, ha still got me trying to be like all of them
19. My NABJ Fam-reminds me that hard work = the best destination
20. My YAR Fam- reminds me of my truest calling which is giving back
21. Reading
22. Writing
23. Blogging
24. Philosophizing- don't quite think that's a word but I really think I like thinking
25. Rambling- getting out what's on my mind
26. Driving
27. Listening
28. Sleeping
29. Walking
30. Watching
31. Biographies
32. Quotes
33. Inspirational Articles
34. Reflections
35. Poetry
36. Blogs
37. Anything that's not a textbook
38. Black Authors
39. Information about Black History
40. Information about Media History
41. Information about Successful Newscasters
42. Tips and Tools- helpful hints
43. Deep Conversations
44. Talk about True Love, Spirituality, Success, Charity, Authenticity,Realness
45. Giving Advice
46. Receiving Good Advice
47. Constructive Criticism
48. Affirmation
49. Compliments
50. Deserved Praise
51. Honesty
52. Honest People
53. Authenticity
54. Respect
55. Respectful People
56. Classical
57. Gospel
58. Jazz
59. R & B/Hip Hop
60. Classic R & B
61. Neo-Soul
62. Jill Scott
63. Kindred the Family Soul
64.Vivian Green
65. Denyce Graves
66. Deitirick Haddon
67. Smokie Norful
68. Wynton Marsalis
69. Patti LaBelle
70. Alicia Keys
71. Richard Smallwood
72. Morgan State University Choir
73. Soulful Symphony
74. Pay Day
75. Vacation
76. Books
77. Magazines
78. CDs
79. CD Players
80. Radios
81. 2 Way Talk Radio
82. Local News
83. Cable News
84. Documentaries
85. Public Festivals
86. Public Libraries 87. Farmer's Markets
88. Museum's
89.VH1 Soul 90.Amazon.com
91. Leisure Time
92.Public Schools
93. Parochial Schools
94. Private Schools 95. Cable Television 96. Jean 97. Volunteering
98. Diversity Work
99. Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama and Thurgood Marshall and Max Robinson and Mel Goode 100. Potatoes- mashed, french fries, home fries, potatoes and onions
101. Chicken Quesadillas
102. The Bacon Cheeseburger.
103. Picnics
104. PBS
105. Stanley Nelson features
106. The Kids I Work With
107. HBCU's
108. A Better Chance
109. Baltimore Educational Scholarship Trust
110. M. L.K. Jr. Elementary School
111. St. Ignatius Loyola Academy
112. McDonogh School
113. WMAR ABC 2
114. NMWDA
115. Peach Cobbler
116. Pens
117. Pads
118. Journalism
119. Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Press, Freedom to Assemble, Freedom of Religion
120. God
121. Women
122. Beautiful Women
123. Intelligent Women
124. That Girl Who Threatened Me and Told Me She'd Handle Me If Need Be (LoL she did apologize and she does still scare me, but she also makes me smile Sad I Know )
125. My Doggone Self

5 Comments:

At 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a loooooooooong list of what you are thankful for. I am glad you are thankful for me. I am thankful for you as a friend. You keep my wild side tame. We have been friends for soooo long. I really value our friendship. I really do.

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Terrell said...

HaHa...thAnkFul 4 Me...u sh0uld be...i listen to ur traumaTic LyFe...and ViCe Versa(mine has n0thing on urz though)...lma0

 
At 5:52 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

I think you can sum it up and say life. You forgot one, though. Hampton University. Go Pirates!!

 
At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am grateful for life, but it's the little things....
LoL I said HBCU's but I guess I have to be specific.......yes Hampton does do it nicely....but can't front on Howard University.

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

And here you go with the drivel... Howard (spit). You know I didn't actually READ all of that right? I scanned it. Esp. when I saw how long it was. So yeah, missed that HBCU part. Oops. Lol. I think I'm too impatient to make lists. Its hard enough for me to sit and write a blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home