Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Different World

"A Different World" Theme Song

I know my parents love me.
Stand behind me come what may.
I know now that I'm ready. Because I finally heard them say!
It's a different world from where you come from.

Here's a chance to make it.
If we focus on our goals.
If you dish it we can take it.
Just remember you've been told...
It's a different world from where you come from.
It's a different world from where you come from.

Hmmm why does it always seem as if someone has an open window into my life? It seems as if those who wrote, produced, and directed "A Different World" were foreshadowing some of the experiences of my life. I know, I know "A Different World" debuted a year after I was born. HaHa yes that was 18 years ago, but the show is still relevant even in its absence. The issues which were discussed and put on display are still real. College I am fast learning is "A Different World", a world different from where I came, and a world which is different from the world in which I will soon enter.

So a lot of people wanted to know what I learned while I was in my self-imposed exile from blogging. No, I didn't stop blogging in attempt to find myself, I thankfully know who I am and whose I am, but the process of becoming someone I am forever proud of is ongoing :-), so I stopped blogging to take time to clear my head, and do some thinking. I had to catch up with my thoughts which were basically flowing a mile a minute. So I took time off from writing, not from reading other people's blogs, and I couldn't abandon facebook, but I took a week long break from writing. During that time I did me, I did my usual class, work, volunteering, et cetera, et cetera.

I did come away with some thoughts, and so here are some of my revelations:

I am a perfectionist but I realize that I can't be perfect
I already have many of the tools which will ultimately make me successful
The most important and reliable tool I have is my mind
I know the three keys to ultimate success and stand by them: desire, discipline, and dedication (Thanks to Educator Dave Levin of KIPP: Knowledge is Power Program Schools for illuminating the three keys)
I am confident in my abilities to overcome adversity one step at a time, one day at a time
I make my mistakes, but I learn from them
It's hard for me to be constantly motivated and it sometimes makes me lazy :-(
I love learning, but I could pass on school
I am admittedly weird
I talk a lot
I talk too fast
I am a little moody, no a lot moody
I am too giving
I am a little too open and honest
I have very few secrets
My family is so good to me, though a few of them are looney
True friends are better than tons of friends
I will not accept disrespect


Those are just some of the things I had illuminated for me in my six days of private reflection, but I guess it's not so private now. I know nothing extremely profound. I think my mind allowed me to see that so much of what is important already lies within me. I am fortunate to know who I am and whose I am. It's up to me to not loose sight of that! Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah.

That's all for now.

-Christopher aka CNEL

4 Comments:

At 2:25 PM , Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I miss quality black television...please bring it back

 
At 4:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you made these revelations. Just expect many more to come.

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you seemed to learn a few things we already knew ... LOL

AND I am so mad that you had the lyrics to A Diff. World on your blog ... hilarious!

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

I love that show! So apt, so true.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home