Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Touching the Untouchable Part 1

The first in a series (HaHa) the first of a two parter:

So now for The Backstory:

I'm a 19 year old black male, a son, a grandson, a brother, a nephew, a cousin, a friend, a college student, an aspiring journalist, a childcare provider, a diversity practitioner, a public speaker, a community activist. A lot of those things most of you already know about me. Ha but
honestly my busy life coupled with my uniqueness it seems prohibits me from actively being involved in a fulfilling relationship, why you might ask? I'm basically too busy to put forth the effort to woo someone, and I'm too different for some young women to even give me the chance to woo them. Sad, I know. So I guess that I've grown content with being single. I mean there are obviously other parts of my life which are fulfilling save romance.

Most people say if you really want it you'll make it happen. So maybe I don't want it badly enough. Maybe I don't really want to fall for someone or want someone to fall for me just yet. And the other night a friend of mine offered yet another why I might be single, maybe it was suggested I'm single because I fear being hurt again. I had pursued someone for the better part of five years, we finally got together, and the relationship lasted 2 months exactly. I got dumped on what would have been my 2 month anniversary. And that's not the kicker, I got dumped bya text message. Ha Ha grimy I know. Then it wasn't funny, but now I laugh everytime I think about it, and because since then I've heard of it happening to others. Some people lack sophistication, sensitivity, and basic home training.

After that bad experience I guess I became content with being with myself. My motto, "Who better to treat me than me." Sounds like some faux empowering, man/woman-hater type ish I know. But it was what I needed to tell myself so I could get over the hurt. Yes, men can be hurt, I'll post more about that at a later time.

So after that I just looked at some of the most beautiful women from afar. I don't know it seems now that I developed some type of deep seeded insecurity. Maybe it's because the person I long for now, doesn't want anything to do with me outside of being my friend. And the whole world knows it, or well all our friends now that I am so taken by her. And yes she does know HaHa that's a funny story I'll tell that later too. But now it seems because I never end up with the one I want, or I get hurt by the one I thought I needed most any girl I was remotely interested in became part of a list I call The Untouchables. (Untouchable: def. : Girls or guys you want, but can't have and they are made untouchable due to the fact that they are taken, not looking, friend material, or just too damn fine (say it right foine now don't front!)) I have examples, names, and pictures, but I can't go out like that, these are real people and not celebs.

But in recent weeks someone I've been kind of interested in for a while. It's sad she's probably only within my line of sight because I can't have the one I really long for. Hey I might is well be honest with it. But she probably does have a place on the list, the list which holds the names of "The Untouchables". But anyway in recent weeks we've gotten a bit closer. We've in effect become cuddle buddies, because she has a man, she has a man on the side, and then she has me.....

The rest to come later!

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i need for you to first stop stealing my phrases ... cuddle buddy will be copyrighted soon ... second when i told you to make this post i had no idea it would be this scandalous ...

can't wait for part ii

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home