Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

So I've Been Thinking...Huh Dangerous I Know

So I had to work yesterday down at The Taste of Baltimore, which is a local food festival which was held this year at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, which is where the Orioles play, and it's right across from M &T Bank Stadium where the Ravens play. So anyway I got there yesterday at 10 to set up the booth, because the event opened at 11. I was in charge of setting up the event and planning for it all summer long, so it was kind of like coming full circle. Anyway I didn't mind being there even though I had to be there at 10 and stay till 6. It was okay, really, but while there I saw some interesting things some that pertrubed me and others than made me wonder.

1) How come alcohol is served almost every hour of the day?

I saw people drinking at 11am. I'm like dang atleast wait till noon.

2) How come people drink so much at so called "family events" baseball games, festivals, et cetera, especially when they're with their kids?

Now I know some would say that making alcohol consumption taboo is what makes it more exotic, and is what makes people abuse it, but what about the messages being sent to kids?

3) How come people have kids and don't want to spend time with them?

(Now I will never ever have any, but I do enjoy spending a couple hours a few days a week with the little people (and yes I admit I get paid to do so). Working with children does however help me to achieve and maintain some sense of perspective!)

When you're with your kids be with them, spend time with them, show them that you care, and that you love them. Spend time with them, and not doing other things like work, chilling with your buddies, et cetera.

4) How come some people walk around with their kids on a leash?

I find that to be despicable and shameful. I mean two days in a row, I saw people with kids on leashes. Friday night a woman had her child on a lease while she was taking a smoking break, on Saturday a woman tugged her child when he walked ahead of her. If you treat little Johnny like an animal, chances are, he'll act like one. (Okay maybe it's jut me.)

5) Why are you over there looking at me?

One of my roommates suggested that I'm hypersensitive to people staring at me, and maybe I am, but that mess irks me beyond belief. I hate people staring at me. You know you can feel that ish. When someone's eyes are just on you, I mean they eyeing you hard and heavy. Now that may seem weird for a broadcaster to say. When I'm on camera or on stage or presenting in front of people or somewhere else I don't mind, but if I'm going about my business that mess irks me. It may also seem weird that I dislike nosey people. As a journalist I'm always searching for information. As an everyday person I also like to be in the know, but only when it comes to my friends and family, people deserve to have their bidness and their anonymity. If you don't choose to share information with me, then I don't care, and I can keep information or the low, except my bidness which I don't know I just divulge all the time. I mean come on people are sometimes too friggin nosey.

So just know that the lesson for today is staring is a no, no, cause irking is a no no.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM , Blogger Jadedpen said...

Just hitting you up. You make some pretty good points. I must admit that if drinking wasnt made to sound so fire and brimestone when I first went to college I proabbly wouldnt have abused it like I did.

And honestly there are some family members that are so annoying that I need to get a shot of something before I can deal.

On the leash deal. If you would use a belt, you wouldnt need a leash case closed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home