Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Poetry

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Poetry
Some ppl on here remember that I have a reputation for writing poems, especially love poems. So here are some old poems, that I had laying around. Maybe sometime soon I'll receive some inspiration.

-CNEL$

Title: Senses
I see you
And I turn away It's not that you hurt my eyes
No, its really that you hurt my heart

I try to tune you out, but what I'm really wanting is to hold on to the sweet sounds your voice makes
I want to make my ears the place where your voice lives
I replay conversations we've had over and over in my mind, just to hear you when I can't see you

I feel you
I feel you next to me, when we've barely even touched
It doesn't warm my loins when you look at me, it warms my heart
I feel love when I see you
Even if it's not there

I smell you
I inhale taking in your smell
It intoxicates me, takes me to a place
Takes me to a place where I've never gone before

I see you, I hear you, I feel you
You are what makes me love this world again
You are what makes me take it all in
You are what I want, what I need, what I desire
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

Title: Wrong
It's wrong for me to think of you as more than just a friend.
You're like a sister to me.
We talk almost every night about our dreams, our fears, and our realities.
The reality is your heart and mind are taken by someone else, not me.
It's him you claim to love with all your heart, it's him you've commited yourself to.
All I can do is be there for you like I said I always would.

It's wrong for me to wish myself in his shoes.
He is the one you want.
I know him too, and I know you can do better.
Better isn't necessarily me and better isn't just what I see in my mind, but better could be better for you.
You told me he called you names.
He called you that word that made my eye start to twitch and me want to pound him with my fist.

It's wrong for me to hope that your relationship would end.
You're happy so you say.
You want things to stay that way for right now.
Right now you think it's love, you told me over and over again it isn't lust.
Lust is a four letter word often confused with love.
I promise to love you now matter what, now tell me is that wrong?
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

Title: Hey You

Hey You,
I don't know what to say. You don't know me yet. I don't know you. I just thought I'd introduce myself in hopes that you'd one day be more than just "you." I'm the love of your life. The greatest love of all. You don't know it yet but one day you're going to fall. Fall in love with me and stay there.

I just hope you have fun getting here. I can't wait to meet you. There is so much I want you to know. So many people I want you to meet. So many things we must do. I'm so excited to be your greatest love of all
Love Always,
The One
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

Title: It Makes Me Believe I Know Love
Just the thought of you thinking of me inspires me to live my life in a certain way.
The conversations we have I wait for each day.
The messages I wait for you to send me consume my thoughts.
It makes me believe I know love....

Just the thought of you caring for me makes me complete.
The deep discussions drive my mind wild and nothing else can compete.
The jokes we share turn the corners of my mouth upward even the not so funny ones leave me no choice.
The love we share I feel through the phone, through the keyboard, through your voice.
It makes me believe I know love.....

Just the thought of you loving me, makes me willing to risk opening up to love again.
A new journey I'm ready to begin.
I want for us to be one.And I don't want to stop until it's done.
The fact that I'm ready to stop and no longer run.
It makes me believe I know love....

It's all due to my relationship with you.
It's only a friendship, but that doesn't matter, baby it's you.
It's you that has a hold on my heart.
We must give love a chance to grow and to change.
Don't think this is strange because it just...it justIt makes me believe I know love.
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

Title: Late Night Thoughts
I'll be up for a while
Until you call me to say goodnite
Not hearing your voice lately has made me hurt
You're the only one that can make me feel complete
Until you I felt love was overrated, often exaggerated
But now you're my buddy, my best friend
From you I learn
With you I talk
You I'll love to the days cease to be
All this just came to me just as you came to me
I love you
So, just thought I'd share a few my late night thoughts
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

Title: If
If I stopped hoping for your love, I'd have to stop breathingI
f I woke up from this dream, I'd be unwilling to move from my bed
If I would have never met you, I'd never have gotten the chance to know me

You've made me try my hardest to ne true to me
You've made me realize that love has no time limits, it lasts forever
You've made me realize one person can be he one who saved my life

If I couldn't see your face, I'd never have had the chance to smile the way I smile
If I couldn't hear your voice I'd not know what music the heart plays
If I couldn't take in your scent, I wouldn't have started to breathe easier

You've brought clarity to my thoughts
You've brought love to my life
You've taught me my reason for being

If you could find it in your heart to love me please do...and if not let me continue love you
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

Title: We Are
We are on the verge of utter happiness
We are on the verge of total commitment
We are on the verge of making love

Your body drives me wild
Your eyes look straight through to my soul
Your voice makes my body come alive in anticipation of our impending relations

We are what love was meant to be
We are more than peas in a pod
We are more than the ying to each other's yang

We are souls entwined
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

Title: I Love You
I do not love you because of how you look
I do not love you because of how you sound
I do not love you because of how you feel

I love you because you are true to your word
I love you because you give to me, simply by being my best friend
I love you because you are one of God's greatest creations

I do not love you in hopes that you will do anything for me
I do not love you in hopes that we will always be
I do not love you without realizing you may never see me, as I see you

I love you because of how I feel after seeing you
I love you because of the joy you've brought to me
I love you because you take my mind to places my body could never go
© Christopher Nelson 2005 All Rights Reserved

If you don't define yourself for yourself, you'll be crunched into other people's fantasies of you and eaten alive-- Audre Lorde (ala "The Best Man")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home