Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Week Thus Far

The Week Thus Far
Sunday: Cleaned my room as I always clean my room, slowly. I sincerely believe that I can be found cleaning my room atleast 3 days a week, though it's never done to my satisfaction. Maybe I need to give up cleaning my room. There's a lot of stuff in my room, and in my hallway, that won't move until I move back on campus. Then I talked to my "lil sister" (not really my sister, but my closest female friend, I biologically have only a twin sister) the two of us talked about dating. I don't know we always talk about relationships yet both of us are single, and it's not our fault. I don't quite know how to approach the right type of females. She doesn't want to be bogged down by being "exclusive", but doesn't want to be "playing the field" with only clowns. Then as soon as that convo is done my cousin texts to tell me she has been dumped. Yikes. Single is played....that ish is so over...I don't want to be married...but playing the field is for kids. People need to know that exclusive relationships are not the end of the world.
Monday- Work...had to get some reports done for my boss to review. I was seriously on the grind trying to get that work done....went home and read...tried to plan my weekend (Artscape is this weekend) tried to get in the mood to write poetry didn't work out quite like planned....talked to my Aunt about dating. I don't know for some reason my Aunt and I have those candid conversations where you learn more than you needed to know. But it's better than talking to my mother. My Aunt is like my sounding board, we can have adult discussions, while my mother and I debate. Don't get me wrong I respect my mother's opinion a great deal, she's really a great person, and even though we don't always agree, I actually get her most of the time. It's just my Aunt is non-judgemental maybe because I'm a clown she finds me entertaining.
Anyway my Aunt and I decided that it might be good for my cousin, if she went on a date with my best friend, hmmm I know trouble waiting to happen is what you're thinking. It wouldn't be a blind date, because they've already met, but it'd be interesting cause well it's my cousin and best friend. Hmm they both seemed to like the idea. Only my best friend thinks it'd be less weird if it were a double date (weird I know), but LoL I can't find someone who I can go on the date with. I mean it's got to be someone but no one is clicking in my head right now. So once I find someone the four of us can all go out. Hmm should be good.
Tuesday- Lunch with the boss was interesting, she's really cool I like her. She always gives me an encouraging word. It helps when the people you work for respect you, and you respect them. Turned in my reports and awaited the response. Went to visit my other grandmother, my father's mother. Considering the fact that my father died when I was two, and he never saw his twin children, my relationship with his family is interesting to say the least. (More on that will come when I have time to comment on the state of parenting and fatherhood: particularly black fatherhood) I don't resent them or anything, I just don't know them. My grandmother, aunts, and the few cousins I know are great to me. Two of my aunts invited me to visit them. One of my aunts lives in North Carolina, and the other in Georgia. I asked how country it was down there, because me being from Baltimore, I don't think I'd do well in the country. HaHa maybe I'll visit one of them when my internship is over. Who knows?
Wednesday- Photo shoot...people from the Mayor's Office came to take photos of me and the boss...I don't know what the pictures are for exactly. I got my internship as part of the Youth Works program so I expect the photos will be used as publicity shots for Youth Works. In the meantime I was also drafted to help coordinate an event. My bosses want me to work coordinating their booth at a food festival in October. While my internship ends in about 30 days, I'd come back. Hey if they're paying I'm staying.
Thursday: Reminiscing about the life of my grandmother, missing her dearly, trying to be motivated to do work. Starting a blog, and updating this blog.
Hot Stuff This Week:
TV: "Venus and Serena", Wednesday, 10pm, ABC Family "Being Bobby Brown", Thursday, 10pm, Bravo
Music: Vivian Green, "Vivian"- I can't wait to see her at Artscape on Saturday, her new CD is her asserting her independence from a bad relationship, which is good because "A Love Story", while good was somewhat sad...too bad she finds the wrong men, cause she is a silva dolla
Book: "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together In the Cafeteria"-I'm finally going to finish it, I mean it this time, find it in a bookstore or on amazon.com
Site of The Week: www.thefacebook.com
That's all for now,
Christopher aka wiseman7886 bka CNEL$

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home