Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Artscape and Such

Current mood: tired

I got home from Artscape about an hour ago. It was really great. The local festivals remain one of the truly great and unique things about Baltimore. I mean day in and day out it seems I debate whether to stay here after I get my undergrad degree, but that decision will have to be made soon enough. But in the meantime I'll try to enjoy all my hometown has to offer. Generally in the summer time things are great as far as the cultural events are concerned, I mean we had the AAHF (African American Heritage Festival) last month, and Artscape this month. I'm always more psyched up for Artscape because its a great three day event to attend with family, friends, or both.

Artscape this year was phenemonal because of the great mix of local and national artists, whether visual artists or performing artists. Tonight I saw Vivian Green, who I must say was looking rather stunning. Vivian just had a baby 16 months ago, and girl is looking right already. I mean big ups to her and her trainer. Cause for VG it's more talk about Baby Phat and not Baby Fat. Anways she performed songs from her new self-titled album "Vivian" and from her debut album "A Love Story". Both albums make you meditate on what it means to live, learn, love, and let go. Vivian refers to her "A Love Story" as a sad tale, and to "Vivian" as a happy ending, more about her personal revolution brought on by serious revelations. None of her music I view as man hating, but more songs about her being liberated. Maybe I tell my friends she's talking more about her, and less about the guy. It is so sad that she hasn't found sustained happiness and fulfillment yet, but I'm sure she'll be filled with joy and love, and that ultimate fulfillment will come from her son Jordan.

On my way to the car, I ran into one of my old coworkers from my days at Channel 2. I interned there and was an anchor, reporter, and writer for the station's teen news program. I still try to keep in contact with my old buddies at the station. I ran into reporter Sherrie Johnson, who is a great journalist, and a great person. Sherrie interviewed me about my view of Artscape, and I ended up making a brief appearence on the 11:00 newscast. Yes, I had it confirmed I belong on the opposite of the camera. I don't like doing the talking, I prefer conducting the interviews. Well today was a full day. Hmmm let's see what I can get into tomorrow. (Hmmm maybe I can make it to church, since I don't work Sundays anymore, and I saw two of the sisters from church who looked at me like I was a stranger today. LTNTT Long Time No Talk To...HaHa

SITE OF THE DAY: WWW.SENDAMELIA.COM
SONG OF THE DAY: "SWEET MEMORY" by Vivian Green
SHOW OF THE DAY: NEWS ON CNN


That's all for now. From somewhere in good ol Baltimore, I'm CNEL$ reporting.
-CNEL$

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home