Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

In My Shoes

Have you ever worn shoes to the point where they were coming apart?

Well, I realized last weekend that my beloved Steve Maddens were falling apart at the seams, and yet I rocked them anyway.Yep I rocked them all weekend when I was out and about and to work yesterday. But last night after getting home I discovered that I had more holes in them than I imagined. There were holes on the inside, holes on the outside, and the sole was coming loose. I don't want to retire the shoes they are so comfortable and still look good. After a bit of a polishing they're still good as new. They are only a year old, and I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Isn't it funny how we get attached to things? Well I'll be okay throwing the darn shoes in the trash, think about people for whom this would really be a dilemma. LoL I am not dumb enough to continue wearing worn out shoes, and risk them coming apart as I travel the streets of Baltimore. Ummm it's not that deep.

But get this what's even more embarrassing is my choice of replacement shoes. I looked under my bed and pulled out the first pair of semi-dress shoes/ boots I could find. I had to put them on and I walk around the house for a minute to be sure they fit. Things looked and sounded good last night, but when I got to the office this morning my shoes are squeaking. They're still squeaking. What if I have to do something crazy and make a break for it? What am I going to do when I have to walk downstairs for lunch? I don't want to be making noises. That would be hella sad, and hella embarrassing. Lawd, lawd, lawd things have gone from bad to worst.

Ain't nothing better and harder to find than a good pair of shoes.


That's all for now. In Baltimore, I'm Christopher Nelson, reporting on what is my crazy life.

-CNEL$

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you about the shoes. I had to retire a pair of loafers and i felt sad

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This line right here had to have been the best one of the whole post ... "After a bit of a polishing they're still good as new."

WTF?! They got holes all over the place in them, how are they good as new with a little polishing?! HA HA HA!

Too funny!

Anyway, I feel ya! Same here! I had a pair of tan boots that I simply adored. Wore them forever. The sole was coming a part and I still wore them. When it would rain, my feet would get soaked, but I still wore them.

I wore them until I just had to let go. So I bought a new pair of boots, reddish brown this time. Wore a hole in both soles, but wore them until I just could not anymore. One day I got home to find gum stuck in the hole.

Did I get rid of them? Nope, I had them resoled for $50. Actually, my Dad did!

Still rocking them though!

Moral to this story? There is none! I love these damn shoes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home