Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Future

So here's the news.

I'm so not feeling school right now.

Today it hit me.

Maybe it's because I'm nervous about the future.

Before I know it this page will be turned and it'll be time to write the next chapter.

So talking to the best friend (one of the two besties Happy Belated to the other bestie Eps) about med school makes me kind of sort of want to continue my education. The reality is as I've said many times before I love learning, but I hate school. I hate the hoops you have to jump through to be educated and elevated.

But it was funny to hear about the craziness of med school.

Him: "I was 'bout to get in it with the scrubs people ... cause you know you need to get scrubs to do anatomy. "
Me: "What? Ya'll already cutting on bodies (cadavers) and stuff?"
Him: "Yeah...we got exams next week."

I was so blown by this. UPenn does not play. How are ya'll a good six weeks and already playing coroner? So the bestie Kenny then continues to tell me that the scrubs people started tripping. The supervisor started interrogating the first years about why they were getting scrubs. He told them to show ID or to leave. To them it was not that serious, but they were still a little mad.

Disgruntled Med Student 1: "That's why you the manager of the hospital laundry mat."

Disgruntled Med Student 2 "Don't get sick, I'll see you in the clinic."

Speaking of medicine. Did anyone see "Private Practice". $250,000 for fertility treatment? Woo. But how about switching the security bracelet of a healthy baby with a sick baby? That's kind of sick. Then imagine you have to switch the babies back. Now if that had happened in real life.

Real life.

Speaking of which, so REAL are thoughts of today and tomorrow for those of us who are on the verge of endeavoring to begin life after graduation. People keep asking if I'm enjoying senior year. The reality is I'm too busy. I'm too numb to feel the joy. Ha. Hopefully I'll get to spend some Q.T. with people who've made college worth it.



There's a few decent people in that pic.

4 Comments:

At 1:05 PM , Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Sounds like senioritis in its purest form. It's a lot to handle young man, but you're ready!

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

RE.LAX!! before i graduated i would've said don't stop school, but if you know you'll go back, there's nothing wrong w/takin a break. you're so focused i don't think it'll be a problem. its great to get work in the field esp. if you're going into journalism. they like to see some experience.

and wise is right. def. senioritis. you and eps are ahead of the game! i wasn't affected until like the last month. you gotta enjoy it b/c it'll end and you'll be like i didn't have any fun, wait!! and its too late. don't ignore the future but live a little for the moment babe! you rock!

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

I'm with Jam and Wise. You are very focused, but def. stop and smell the roses.

 
At 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenny is getting his thing on in med school. I can't believe they are already cutting. That is crazy!! It makes me want to go.

I will graduate on time. So I am moving home and working for a year before grad school.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home