Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, April 16, 2007

GIRLS HAVE COOTIES

Well they have something, plenty of something, and I'm not getting any of it LoL.

It must be them, cause it sure as heck can't be me.

Though I am of naturally a work in progress, I am already high quality. ;-)

I'm single, attractive, ambitious, intelligent, caring, compassionate, a good listener, but also articulate.

Last evening I talked to one of my friends from high school. During freshman year of college we talked almost every day. Since she got her present boyfriend it's maybe once every month, or every two months. Today we talked for 67 minutes, and 19 seconds. How about I just realized that cell phones time your calls? Yea, I'm a little slow on the uptake. It's always good to hear from her and know that she's doing well. Depending on how long it's been since we talked, we touch all our bases. We get updated on each other school life, I get updated on her love life cause I have none, we talk about mutual friends, and then about the future.

Today she tells me classes are okay, she has an internship interview, but she and her bf have been beefing. She said that "he tries to seduce me, and gets mad because she can't." They are in a long distance relationship, and quite frankly he wants more attention and affection, even if it's over the phone. While my friend cares about him, I doubt she gives him all he expects. I told her about the need for communication. My feelings were that once they see each other face to face, some of the tension will ease. It'll also make it easier to have the needed discussion about what they expect from one another. She doesn't want to have to change who she is, and shouldn't have to, nor should she expect him to change. I continued lecturing on what would ideally come from communication, a comprimise in the sense that they find a solution that appeases them both.

Every time we talk, she says the same thing. "T says if I weren't with him, I'd be with you." Yesterday she said this, and she added, "He said if the timeline were different we'd be together." I told her how she always said that and its kind of crazy. It used to be her mother who said it, LoL, and that is nutso. Her mother clicked in while we were talking, "My mom says hi." Weird, huh?! (Weird sidebar: I need a new doctor cause the pediatrician's are tired of seeing me. Note: If I had a child at 20 that'd be normal, than me at 20 in their office. So they recommended my friend's mother. I just got this weird thought of her mom performing a physical and checking all my parts. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww) Anywho. She then asked, "So what do you think?" People have been saying it should be me and her since high school. I had a crush, but it was a high school crush. I really have no clue as to whether it'd ever work.

Then there's my former cuddle buddy. This child uh needs to be cut off, before I act stupid. She just broke up with her boyfriend. I spent time petting her up over phone during Easter Break and consoling her in person, once we got back to school. I'm attracted to her, duh. She knows it, I know it. It probably ain't good that she wants to spend QT (quality time), without it being quality time. I know I'm one of her closest friends, so I don't want to leave her hanging. But that does not seem like a good situation for me to be in, its zapping me somewhat emotionally.

Then there is my crush. Yea, never going to get it. I should go back to loving to hate the fact that she's cute. We never see each other. We exchange awkward Facebook messages, cause we're both a little bolder when sitting at a keyboard. Her personality though is too different. Her priorities are like that of a child her age, though she's a year older than most of the kids in her grade. She's still for showboating, and I'm all about substance. Not going to work.

So I'm going to continue to tell myself that girls have cooties.

6 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

that is the saddest story ever. t is trying to find out if she'd have a chance with you. duh.

ALSO. i don't want to have to say this again, but you're a big boy. STOP GOING TO THE PEDIATRICIAN. know why they're tired of you? b/c they're pediatric doctors and you're looking more and more like a grown man. go somewhere!

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger La said...

2 things:
#1 GET A GROWN UP DOCTOR!!!
#2 How could you not know that cell phones keep time records of your calls? lol

Girls don't have cooties! Boys do! YUCKY!!! LOL :-P

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Chris said...

see, you're a better man than me. I couldn't deal with that indecisive, hint-laced game-playing nonsense that these chicks are trying to put you through. Stay strong.

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Southerner in Suomi said...

Girls do have cooties! But grown ass women don't. Kick all them hookers out of your life!!

 
At 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say do what James Brown always did:

*slap* THIS IS A MAN'S WORLD!!!!

Ok. You proly dont wanna do that. But drop these chickenheads. Find you a woan with a brain and a heart. You always get these goofy acting girls. Follow my example and you shall be fine.

 
At 1:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

J: Okay I'll find me a family medicine doc, geeze.

La: I knew on my old fun, but I still know how to do nothing with this doggone Nextel phone. Ummm yea.

Chris: They be schemin on me it seems. I really think somehow all the girls that want to run game on me teleconference or something.

VDizzle: Yea tru that I do need to get my grown man's on.

Eps: Boy I do not want to be like you. You aiight and ish, but umm your approach is a lil different from mine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home