Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Friday, September 01, 2006

"Take the Limits Off"


My Buddy Kennedy Posted by Picasa

So two weeks ago I was fortunate enough to spend the afternoon with T, a friend from high school. The two of us are in charge of organizing events for the black alumni of our high school, in an effort to create more unity between alums and current students. We did as we always did, I met up with her and she drove to her house. I was happy to see her, but also wanted to see my buddy Kennedy. Kennedy is T's younger brother. He is without a doubt the cutest kid I have seen. He's always sweet and well behaved, which for the first time ever made me want a son. Once upon a time I said I could never deal with the possibility of another man growing up and reigning in my castle. Kennedy made me think otherwise.

He learned early how to catch the spirit. I hear reports he will most certainly throw his head back and say "Praise Him." He says it like he's saying it three times fast according to my sources.

Kennedy to me is just funny. He kirked out because he wanted a popsicle.

"Popsicle, popsicle."

Before he could get the popsicle, his mom Mrs. R fixed him some food: chicken and corn. He thought the corn was eggs. He thought the chicken was pancakes. My buddy is a breakfast kind of a guy.

"I want eggs," he said.

When his mom told him to let his corn and chicken cool, he ate it anyway, then said "Hot, hot."

Hilarious. Kids are just resilient.

As T talked to their mom, he interjected.

"Ma...ma....ma...ma.....Ma" in different intonations too cute. He's not even 2 yet but is hella articulate.

Then after dinner, he had his popsicle.

Later he sat down to play with his mother.

He had one of those square shaped boxes, into which you insert the shapes.

"He gets frustrated and takes the top off," T said laughing.

"He's advanced, he says forget the limits. Take the limits off," I said.

Then T and I broke into song. Israel Haughton's "Take the Limits Off."

But Kennedy reminded me that the scripture:

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Corinithians 13:11

That scripture has a converse.

When I am a man, I can still take the lessons from a child.

So as Kennedy does, I'll do to.

I'll continue to take the limits off!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

now THAT'S what i'm talkin bout. fabulous. and kennedy is adorable... tho i did think he was a girl.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home