Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I Could Sleep

You know how even after having eaten a lot, many
people say they could eat.

Even after sleeping, my feeling is that I could sleep.

Weekends are always my time to sleep in whether it be
winter, spring, summer, or fall.

People didn't think that would change during these
four weeks did they?

The program director said to me, "You're going to see
Cagli, sleep, and then go home."

Ha maybe, but whose the man in charge of the schedule.
If he wants to give me some time off, and hit me off
with a check, then I could do a lot of travelling.

This was a somewhat relaxing weekend, it being our
second weekend here in Cagli.

Friday evening was great we had a chance to visit the
home of an Italian couple. Daniella and John Pietro
are the landlords for four of the girls from LoCo.
They were extremely nice and hospitable. When we
arrived at their "flat" they were in the midst of
being interviewed. One of the students is interviewing
them for one of her print stories. John Pietro lives
in Rome during the week, and commutes to Cagli on the
weekends. During the interview the couple revealed
that part of the reason they remain in Cagli is
because its safer and more environmentally friendly.
This they believe makes it a better place to raise
their child. They are expecting the birth of a little
baby boy in July. Hey maybe me and the little dude
will share a b-day, my birthday is in July as well.
They will name their son Adriano.

After spending time there we spent some time at The
Atrium which is where we have our classes.

A group of us then met up for dinner at one of the new
restaurants La Gioconda. There we had antipasta's
which are appetizers and ravioli. It was the most
expensive meal I've had here in Cagli. The antipasta
consisted of bread, wine, cheese, and different meats
such as puscuitto, I believe is what they call it. We
also had a beginner wine, and the rest of the group
had more wine. The tab for 10 came out to 206.40
Euros.

After that we all had gelato. During our sit down at
the Gelateria many of us spoke of a desire to find a
career which allowed us to balance a desire to be of
service to others, allowed us to explore, and allowed
us to make a good living. One of the other students
Cassie said she wants to become a foreign
correspondent for a TV network. Another student
Allyson spoke of the possibility of joining the Peace
Corps. It seems most people at one point in their
lives want to find a career which is service oriented,
and allows them to help others. There still seems to
be a point where there is a disconnect. We spoke of
sometimes the pressure to feel ashamed of becoming
accustomed to a certain standard of living. I said
that if you aren't aware of the need to provide for
yourself, and a family if you so choose, then you
aren't being realistic.

We finished our night at the Wine Bar. It is a place
that the Americans have essentially taken over. The
owner Seve is the seventh of seven children, hence the
name. He loves us Americans and makes sure the place
feels like home. On Saturday night, I met some Italian
youngsters. These young people just happened to be in
high school. They spoke of their band, and compared
themselves to Guns and Roses. Then they peppered me
with questions about whether or not I lived in New
York? Apparently all Americans are wealthy New
Yorkers. Then of course they asked if I was a rapper?
HaHa. Then they asked if I knew 50 Cent or Eminem. I
said I knew of them, but that they weren't close
friends.

Saturday and Sunday I slept and hung out. I should
have woken up and made the trip to the city of Urbino.
According to another student Urbino is a city built
within the confines of a castle. But then again it has
been cold here since last Wednesday and CNEL does not
do well in the cold.

On Sunday I slept in again and missed the 10am bus to
Fano. For some reason, I don't see myself needing to
tan. The trip was also scheduled for 12 hours. I would
have liked some warmth, but that much sun could be a
bit excessive.

Now it's time to get back on the grind.

Tonight we have a group dinner at "Ristorante del
Commercio". That's where we had the multicourse meal
last week.

After that I am headed to the apartment to do my
Italian and Intercultural Communications homework.

I have an interview on Thursday of a tourism official.
My groups interpreter was able to set that up for me.
I still have to set up a time to interview some local
merchants. Maybe I will focus on merchants who can
speak English, so that I have more access to them.

That's all for now.

Ciao amicos.

CNEL

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

3 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Blogger La said...

There are no words for how jealous I am of you being in Italy

 
At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ass should have went to Fano. Take advantage of your opportunity and see everything. Dont make me come over there and slap your ass!!!!!

 
At 6:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LaurenAshleigh: It's aiight. LoL. When it's warm its fabulous.

Epsi: Boy, I need my rest. Does it look like I need to tan? Uh no. I got that all natural tan, it don't get no better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home