Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wise Words

Sunday- "Challenges come so we can grow and be prepared for things we are not equipped to handle now." -Iyanla Vanzant, Spiritual Leader

Monday- "It is not easy to be a pioneer -- but oh, it is fascinating! I would not trade one moment, even the worst moment, for all the riches in the world." -Elizabeth Blackwell, first female doctor

Tuesday- "Leadership should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it." -Marian Anderson,Singer

Wednesday- "We need language to tell us who we are, how we feel, what we're capable of -- to explain the pains and glory of our existence." -Maya Angelou, Poet

Thursday- "You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can decide how you're going to live now." -Joan Baez, Singer

Friday- "The greatest gift is not being afraid to question."-Ruby Dee, Actress and Activist

Saturday- "Never work just for money or for power. They won't save your soul or help you sleep at night."- Marin Wright Edelman

2 Comments:

At 4:08 AM , Blogger Jameil said...

when i first started reading your blog i really couldn't get w/the quotes but sometimes i like them. i'm all up on the blackwell quote and the edelman quote. i tell you what, i never want to be that person who hates to get up every morning. sometimes i don't want to get up, but at least its not because i hate my job. i just love my bed! :)

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Erin E. said...

Iyanla Vanzant's quote for Sunday is so on point...She is so wise. What would life be without challenges? Hope you're doing well:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home