Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm Hating School Right Now

So, as we all know this has been a rough week for me to say the least, but right now I am really hating school.

I woke up this morning to handle some business at the radio station, read for a class, and study for a quiz(a quiz I had to take even though my professor knows all that is happening with my family). I accomplished all that but not to my liking.

I ended up being in the radio station for about 2 hours, when I had intended to stay for 30 minutes.

Then I came back and had breakfast, real breakfast, not pop tarts or anything like that, I had pancakes. I'm so tempted to say pannicakes like some of my little cousins used to say. I ate, skimmed for Philosophy, studied as much as possible for the quiz in Sociology.

Then I had my 12:15 Philosophy class, I'll definitely have to study that mess over Spring Break next week.

Then I had to take the quiz, I was ten minutes late, and my professor was mad, but I still managed to finish by 2pm, so I am happy about that. I just hope that I did well. Before I left, my professor did offer his condolences, and remarked that I as opposed to when I was a lowly freshman, I look "more mature" and then he made a hand gesture as if to say my affect changed, and that "I carry myself well." I don't know maybe I've had an upswing in confidence. I told him, "I'm not walking around feeling lost anymore." It kind of reminded me that I am a survivor, and that I am an overcomer.

I took a break before my coworker came to give me a ride 5 minutes up the road to work.
I worked from 2:30pm-5:00pm today, they cut an hour off my time, and thus an hour off my pay. That's the second time and two weeks. I think one of my supervisor might think we go together, cause she always comes and says, "Umm you guys can go." We always say we aiight, but it ends up being whatev. I'm taking off tomorrow. Besides they'll get to see my face next week, cause I'm working over Spring Break.

Tonight I have a meeting at 7:00pm with a club leader, who wants to boycott the benefit concert the station is hosting to benefit Xavier University in New Orleans. They're upset that Afroman of "Because I Got High" fame is performing. While I agree that he's not the bestest, yes I said bestest of role models. He is a native of the Gulfcoast region, Mississippi. He wanted to give back, and so here's his chance. I'd just rather see people give money in order to benefit Xavier because it has a rich history of putting out top notch pharmicists, future med students, and other healthcare professionals. Last time I checked they were among the top schools pushing African-Americans towards advanced degrees. We can overlook some things I think if it benefits the common good. But then again I could be wrong. But, I atleast want to know what I can help do to make the students allies and not adversaries of the radio station. I'm kind of excited to have a meeting, to try and see what the station can do to increase its appeal.

Then I have my last assignment before break, an article on the recent protests by city school students over the proposed closing of six Baltimore City Public Schools. The kids from the Algebra Project were also my guests on "Chris Has Issues" my radio show last Sunday, and I hope to have them back this coming Sunday. Want to see what we talked about visit here:
www.chrishasissues.blogspot.com

We'll try and put their show on the web, on the station website after break.

Aiight let me chill out for a minute!

Thanks to all for their well wishes.
-CNEL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home