Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Balance: The Difference between Criticism and Praise, Fact and Fiction

Currently ListeningUnpluggedBy Alicia KeysWild Horses

Balance: The Difference between Criticism and Praise, Fact and Fiction

"That's good you're ambitious, so let's get your grades up." -My Sociology Professor

*** "I have a problem saying, "No", when I do I feel guilty.-Me
Don't feel guilty, "just say no." -My Soc Professor
"I need to take more time for Chris."-Me
"More time for Chris and for sociology."-My Soc Professor" ***

"You have the ability to but a first rate writer, the only thing is your too wordy." -My English Professor

"You know the Staples commercials there's a guy who pushes an Easy button. There's a bullshit button and feel free to use it throughout life." -One of My Communications Professors

So the fact is I've been bsing myself, excuse the bluntness, but is that serious. I've been slacking on my game and it's beginning to catch up with me. For too long I have used to excuse that I didn't want to be at Loyola as a crutch. Yep, I was punking out. Today I'm recommiting myself to being true to myself. Today I'm commiting myself to achieving what I know is very well possible balancing who I am and who I want to be, balancing what I do, and what I don't have. It has come to my attention that my image and my identity were not in sync with one another. People had this vision of me, which while flattering is probably not actual. I had this vision of myself which justified all my faults of inadequacies. So now, I'm going to take some time to figure out what my identity needs to be, and I'll balance that with the image I give off to the world. It's not so much about what others think of me, but who and what I get staring back at me when I look in the mirror. So in case you care, I'll be away from the world of blogging for a few days to clear my head, to catch up on some work, and to do some things I got to do for Chris. If you know me and really need to get at me, you know how to, if not then it's whatever. And that's all for now, I'll holla!

-Christopher aka CNEL

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your sociology professor and your Comm professor

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home