Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Words to the Wise

Sunday-"People living deeply have no fear of death." -Anais, Nin, writer

Monday- "More recently I've come to deeply appreciate my mother. I know that sounds strange but she has sacrificed so much to make sure that my brother and my sister and I got to where we are today, and only now having my children and trying to do the best for them do I realize just how profound her sacrifice for us was. "-Maurice Ashley, African American Chess Champion

Tuesday-"I don't let people use me. That's why I like a small number of people in my life. The more people in my life, the more complex it becomes, so I just try to keep it at a minimum." -Anita Baker, singer/songwriter

Wednesday-"American society as a whole has a very short memory. There are a lot of things we don't know or have allowed ourselves to forget. I was visiting a high school, Seward High School, in 1987, and one of the students in the classroom thought that slavery had ended in 1960. He was very serious about it." -August Wilson, playwright

Thursday-"A thing of beauty is a joy forever."-John Keats, poet

Friday- "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved."-Hellen Keller,author and lecturer

Saturday-"I'm doing what I think I was put on this earth to do. And I'm really grateful to have something that I'm passionate about and that I think is profoundly important."- Marian Wright Edelman, activist, advocate for child welfare, and attorney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home