Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Radio

My momma told me to update my blog no lie. HaHa

So tonight I had my first show as the anchor of "At Issue," which is my new weekly public affairs program on the campus radio station. Things went well but I'll most definitely be getting better. I wasn't nervous but I was a little excited as my boss later told me. This was just a test of what I'll have to do to put the best show on the air. I had a great topic and some great guests. We discussed, "Race Relations in America", because of the role people believe race played in the response to Hurricane Katrina. Later we discussed a controversial article from the campus newspaper. A white student talked about her visit to a gas station, which is when she met a black man who called her "so white", and another man who encouraged her if she ever ran for office to "give black people a break." By the end of the article she was bringing up how racial divides affect voter turnout. Some saw the connection and others didn't. Some members of the African American community saw her article as offensive and prejudice. The discussion was positive and productive. The article's author had time to defend herself, and her opponent had time to share. At the end of the night they went away agreeing that a better racial dialogue needs to take place. So something positive came out of my first show. It makes me happy .

Now I must do work, yes, I must get on my homework.

Next week's show will discuss the "The Educational System in America: What is wrong? and What is right?" I'm on every Sunday night at 6pm for a full hour. You can listen via a live stream at www.wloy.org. Time to do some work. I'll talk to you all later. Have a good week everyone.Much love CNEL.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM , Blogger Darren Sands said...

As my people would say:

"Well do it big then!"

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home