Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I Love...

So, D Sands posted on Ten95 a bit about his love affair with books. It's a common thread which I think binds many of us budding intellectuals, we love books! I didn't have to go far to see evidence of this in my own life.

These are books I've cracked open that I should probably finish:
Black Journalists: The NABJ Story by Wayne Dawkins
A history of the NABJ.
Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by Lynne Truss
A guide to punctuation.
The Covenant with Black America by Tavis Smiley
Highlighting some of the problems in the Black community.

These are books I own, in my dorm room, that only the Lord knows when I'll begin them:
About A Boy by Nick Hornby
A 36 year old man acts like a boy, and meets a boy that could make him discover manhood.
An Italian Education by Tim Parks
A non-native Italian writes about life there.
An Ordinary Man by Paul Rusesabagina
A memoir of a survivor of Rwanda's genocide.
Dead Man Walking by Helen Prejean
A nun reflects on how she sees the death penalty up close and personal.
Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
A Rwandan woman tells of her survival of the genocide.
Member of the Club by Lawrence Otis Graham
A corporate lawyer goes undercover as a bus boy at an exclusive country club.
Our Kind of People by Lawrence Otis Graham
A book about the black upper class.
Seeing A Color Blind Future by Patricia Williams
A book about race, and how it matters.
Taking Liberties by Aryeh Neier
A memoir about a civil liberties activist.
The Body of Jonah Byrd by David Leavitt
The story of a well-known novelist, his friends, and his crazy ways.
The Death of Innocents by Helen Prejean
Once again the nun tackles the death penalty, and the injustices of the system.
The Italians by Luigi Barzini
A guidebook to Italia.
The Rooster's Egg by Patricia Williams
A work about social justice and social law.
Yeah, I Said It by Wanda Sykes
A book of humor from the comedieene.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

i'm about to post my book list too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home