Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Today I Totally Lost It

This morning I woke up and felt as if my throat were closing in on itself.

I went to my 8am and I couldn't talk.

I went to my 9am and could barely talk.

I came back to my room and e-mailed the station manager that I couldn't anchor the 12:30 spot.

I worked on the news in case someone else could read it.

I ended up going in and anchoring.

I grabbed lunch, showered, changed clothes and went to work.

I got to work today still feeling as if my throat were going to cave in.

I made it clear to the kids that I couldn't yell.

Then a kid tried me and I told him not to play with me.

His response:
"Are you a member of the KKK?"

I stood up and told him to go inside and tell my supervisor what he said to me. I was so disgusted and upset.

I then followed him in and stood waiting for him to tell on himself.

The big boss just happened to be there, and when she asked me what was wrong. I lost it.

I told her,
"That kid asked me if I were a member of the KKK?"

Then I started balling.

1) I'm sick, 2) I had just spent an emotional weeekend addressing issues of diversity, and 3) That wasn't the first time a kid had made a racially insensitive remark.

I know the exact reason I do the work of diversity is so that ignorance doesn't turn into bigotry.

I just can't believe I cried in front of everyone. I'm going to blame it on being sick!

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

po thang. cnel. you have got to learn how to say no. and when to stop and take care of cnel. you spend so much time caring for other people, which is wonderful. but you have GOT to think about yourself or you'll have nothing left to give. i know you've read that somewhere mr. inspirational.

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

also for that little brat (this is why i don't work w/children), you should create a special punishment for him on the history of the kkk and their terrorism against all non-whites. make him present it to everyone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home