Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The First Day of School

The first day of school is more than halfway over.

I woke up this morning at around 8:30, which is late for me, but me and the roomie were up late talking.

The weirdest thing is that I'm almost 100% sure that all five of us living in the apartment have a 9:25 class, which means that the bathroom situation will be interesting. Yes, guys have the problem with bathroom time too. We have two bathrooms but one is inside the biggest bedroom, so it makes it icky as far as getting access to that bathroom. I don't want to invade the other guy's personal space.

I had my first class Communications: Public Relations at 9:25 this morning and it went well. The professor Dr. A is my advisor, and he's great. He's intelligent, witty, and compassionate. I talked to him about the trips to Seattle, and he told me he didn't see a big problem with any of the professors. I think I'll enjoy that class. I have some experience in PR so it'll be interesting to see if my actual practices favorably compare to the traditional strategies which they teach.

My second class Sociology: Gender Studies was at 10:50 right after that last class. It went well too. The professor in that class Dr. V is one of my favorite people. She's funny cause she has a southern accent cause she's originally from Birmingham, though I doubt she's lived there in the last twenty years.

Class ended a bit early and I then went to the Records Office to put in a transcript request and proof of enrollment request for a scholarship that I have.

I also had to visit the Center for Academic Services and Support to see why I didn't have 3 credits that I should have had.

They couldn't help me then so I went and anchored the 12:30 news update live for campus radio.

After that I went to my room. I then went to get my transcript changed, dropped the history class I didn't need, visited my friends in Financial Aid, got a refund for my books, grabbed a chicken quesadilla.

Now I'm in the room chilling out before the debut of "The CBS Evening News with Katie Couric". I may be one of the only people excited for her debut, but I think she's qualified and has earned this opportunity.

I work at the radio station from 8pm-11pm tonight.

I don't know how I feel about 3 hr shifts, but it means only having office hours three days a week. Does it matter for me since I'll be there 6 or 7 days a week anyway?


-C

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

lmao. katie couric is so annoying. i can't watch her do serious news. mmmmmm chicken quesadilla! southern accents don't go away if you don't want them to. she probably has no desire to pick up that crazy ass bmore accent! lololol. i can't believe your roomie speaks to you before 9 am. my fave roomie and i refused to speak before 1030 or 11. it was great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home