Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mommy Did you have Sex?

"...they had sex."

"What?"

"Sometimes two people have sex."

I seriously think one of my 6-year-old students then told another 6-year-old student that parents had sex in order to have them. Ok, that's correct, no real problem there. But I was zoned out, so I can't be sure what exactly was said. The next thing I hear:

"Mommy did you have sex?"

This is then yelled 4 or 5 more times to one mother standing 2 feet away with another mother .

The parents:
"What?"
"What are you two talking about?"

Let me be clear once parents are there on the premises in the act of picking up their children, my responsibilities end. The kids know that their parents rules trump my rules. All the stuff they can 't do outside, on the swings, on the playground, it ends when the parents come.

I then plugged my ears to show it was too much for me. One girl giggled.

Then I hear something about
"Two people" when "they really love each other."

Then I heard the kicker:
"______ told me sex is kissing all over."

I wanted to laugh, but it wasn't a laughing matter.

Better for their mothers to teach the daughters.

I knew the day would come one day when sex would no longer be that forbidden word, when one kid would bring it up, I just didn't count on it being my 6-year-olds.

I don't even remember my single mother having a talk with me about the birds and the bees.

HaHa I do remember now.

One time when I was in like the 3rd or 4th grade or sometime around that I borrowed some books from the library. Yes, they were kiddie books, but they had some stuff about sex, more importantly they had pictures. Apparently my cousin and one of her friends thought they were too advanced. The books were confiscated. My mother then decided to embarrass the hell out of me:
"I know you're bodies changing, and I know I'm not a man, so I can't tell you about sex, but do you want ME to get you some books from the library?"

"No Ma," I said bashfully. I do remember being hella embarrassed.

I still can't get over the 6-year-olds. I just thought they were obsessed with planning engagements and weddings, and not sex.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids know too damn much.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger T Dot said...

LOL - my mom never had the sex talk with me. We just avoided sexuality at all costs. Shoot, it was hella awkward when we went bra shopping for the first time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home