Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Wise Words

Sunday- "One needs occasionally to stand aside from the hum and rush of human interests and passions to hear the voices of God."- Anna Julia Cooper

Monday-"I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood. That the speaking profits me, beyond any other effect."-Audre Lorde

Tuesday-"The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell." -Zora Neale Hurston

Wednesday- "I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance." - Bell Hooks

Thursday-"Gifted with second sight, we can share our stories ... build coalitions, develop a voice. ... We shall speak until all the people gain a voice."- Lani Guinier

Friday-"Knowledge is the prime need of the hour."- Mary McLeod Bethune

Saturday-"The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance - and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning." Oprah

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Blogger Waddie G. said...

I like the ones by Hooks and Bethune...

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i agree - words assist in creating your own reality

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home