Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

"Date My Mom"

Today on MTV I saw the weirdest reality program entitled "Date My Mom." From what I could gather instead of going on a blind date with someone you might be compatible with you go on a blind date with their mom. When I saw today's episode I could not stop laughing. Later as I thought about the idea I cringed.

I could not imagine going out on a date with someone's mother. That would have to be one of the most abnormal experiences of my life. I also couldn't imagine someone I'm interested in going on a date with my mother.

Today's episode just happened to feature lesbians. Nothing too racy happened because it's more of a fact finding date, than a real date. The potential dater basically spends time grilling the parents of someone they might be interested in going out with. In the end based on their impressions the potential dater chooses who they will go out with. Today's episode taught me two things: 1) girls are just as vain as guys: the potential dater talked about ripping the pants off one girl she decided not to go out with; 2) the difference between butch-masculine, androgynous-both masculine and feminine, and femme-feminine.

After seeing how much of a joke dating in America seems have to become, I don't know if I at all mind being single. It seems things are so much simpler that way.

Later,
CNEL$

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home