Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Leaving The Nest

I read this in Farai's "Kiss the Sky", "Home was a country whose citizenship I'd renounced. I could visit, but I couldn't stay."

I'm 23 and I still live at home. The reality is I'm underemployed as a freelance T.V. writer and I can't afford to live on my own, but oh how I long for those days. My friends including an ex-girlfriend told me to be thankful I don't have the bills and responsibilities that come with caring for myself.

Yet, part of me wonders if I can do it on my own. Living in dorms for eight years of my life wasn't really doing it. I mean paying rent, utilities, buying food, cooking, entertaining, waking myself up, all that jazz. It's coming I know, so maybe I shouldn't rush it.

I think I just want somewhere I can visit, and have the luxury of staying not being forced to do so.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I feel you on this Chris in the same situation.

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Chris said...

I wish I could say it's overrated, because Lord knows I'm struggling like nobody's b-i, but there is a peace of mind of coming home knowing it's just you there and you know exactly where everything is and who ate what because you ate it, and being alone with your thoughts. Your time will come, just be prepared when it does.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home