Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Life Is All About Change

Life is all about change.

I have been considering quitting my job in television because I feel like I've hit a brick wall, that I've stopped growing, and that I'm unappreciated. I know, I know. We all often work jobs where we aren't told thank you, it's the nature of working. Still, I feel I'm too young to wake up everyday hating my job and loating heading in. So I've floated the idea of my leaving next month.

Then today my grandfather passed away. I keep replaying the scene in my head time and time again. My mom yelled for me to come because we couldn't wake him up. I put my head to his chest and I swear I heard a heart beat. Now because the medics said he regained his pulse in the ambulance. I didn't think to put him on the ground and start CPR. Now he's gone. My granddad was to me the epitome of what it means to be a strong black male. He left home at 16 refusing to work on the "white man's farm." He says he had a conversation with the mule and said it's me or you, and as he told the story, the mule nicely told him, he couldn't go anywhere.

Here's an interview I did with my granddad. It makes me smile to this day.

Today it's not about me, it's about my granddad Henry. And so now before I make any life's changing I'll think what would Henry want me to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home