Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Don't Know Why I'm Up

I woke up at 8am today and couldn't believe that I had only slept eight hours after the day I had yesterday, which was in one word --long. It started at around 12:00 a.m. and didn't end well until about 11 p.m. when I fell asleep.

For the past few months I've been working the overnight shift Friday night into Saturday morning and I still haven't adjusted. Part of me resents that I've been asked to adjust to the schedule, even though my job declines to make me a full-time employee. They give me Friday's off which I don't spend sleeping, because I can't sleep, so I can work when everyone else is partying or sleeping Friday night into Saturday morning.

After the morning show I headed to the first T.V. station I ever worked at as an intern to reunite with my fellow high school interns. It was great seeing people I hadn't seen in years and hearing what everyone had been up to over the years.

We also had a seminar on office politics by a T.V. news veteran there, and the founder of our particular internship program also offered some words of wisdom. It was interesting to hear their take on how to navigate the working world, and to reflect on some of the experiences I've already had which were both good and bad.

After the seminar we offered words of advice to the present high school interns many of whom were truly impressive. It's great to see a whole new generation of kids who are still enthusiastic about journalism. Hopefully as our industry evolves there will be opportunities for those students to make a mark.

Later our first boss and a few of the fellas and I went out for a drink. It was great to touch bases and just chill in an informal setting and talk about careers, politics, relationships, socializing, and pop culture. We have a really impressive group of people who are doing major things.

Lastly I went back to work to fill out a time sheet, got to get that check, and to see my former work wife. She left me last month to take a job in another industry. I missed my boo, but I'm happy that she's now happy again. So it was great connecting with her again.

I should have gone out but I would have likely crashed or said something in a delirious state. The bestie Epsilonicus and I haven't seen each other in forever. He had an outing for his girlfriend's birthday, but I was just too tired to make it out. I'll find a way to make it up for them. At the time my bed was calling.

Now I'm up Tweeting my friend in Spain, charging my IPod, and eating leftover Chinese, oh the good life :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home