Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Sometimes I Feel Like........

So yesterday I went out on my first date in a long time.

Let me describe for you all the woman I got to go out on a date with.

She is beautiful, caring, compassionate, determined, geniune, giving, honest, humble, intelligent, and loyal.
She is committed to her faith in God.
She is committed to her family.
She is committed to her true friends.
She has a great sense of humor.
She has a giving spirit.
She is a rarity among woman, she is my mother.

L Elly (6:32:35 PM): i dont have a life remember
stormyc14 (6:33:43 PM): lol u have more of a life than me........lol i went on a date last night
L Elly(6:35:11 PM): whoa...
L Elly (6:35:17 PM): hwo often does that happen
stormyc14 (6:36:11 PM): lol i went to the movies wit my mother
L Elly(6:37:16 PM): WOW...ok nvm

I enjoyed capping off my week by catching a movie with my mom. My Friday had already been busy. Yesterday I was up by 7:30, had a test in my 8am class, a 9am class, a break to head to the campus radio station, a 11am class, time to change for work, work for 3.5 hours, time to run back to the dorms, and head downtown for the 7:30 show.

My day was packed and quite honestly I could have spent my Friday night sleeping, but I was glad I decided to spend it with my mother. The time before and after the movie gave us time to catch up face to face. I have always marvelled at my mother's wisdom, and enjoy our conversations. Even on those occassions when she and I don't see eye to eye, she gives me food for thought. I know it's hard for her to have raised me to be such an independent young man, and then to allow me to gradually become independent. I am my mother's son, she nurtured me and provided me with a sense of self, a sense of whose I am (God's), a sense of who I am, even greater a sense of who I can be. She helped convey to me the importance of a geniune love of learning, a love of writing. She continually conveys to me the importance of family, because as has been said you have the power to choose your friends, but not your family. I am most delighted that she has allowed me the freedom to exist and to seek to find out who I am as an individual.

After getting back from the movies I checked the e-mail and hopped into the bed.

This morning I was up at 6:45 to wait for my mother to bring me some much needed groceries. When she came at 7:30, and I carried the bags to my room, one of the custodians asked if I "bought the whole store?" I replied, "My mother did the shopping, and when mothers do it for you, they take care of you."

This morning I went to one of my alma maters St. Ignatius to help with their Higher Achievement Program the first of a two step process which enrolls young boys in a rigorous school which helps prepare them for college prep high schools. The first step requires two hours every Saturday from February- April for students to be tutored in language arts and math. The second step requires summer school for a month where even more tutoring and assessments can take place. I was a St. Iggy student from '97-00, going to school from August to May from 7:30-5:00, attending a two week summer camp, and four weeks of summer school. I know now that I didn't just enroll in a school, I accepted a new way of life. It was hard, but it was worth it. I have been helping out two Saturday's a month where needed tutoring, and helping with some administrative duties.

After I finished for this Saturday I headed back to campus where my friend picked me up and we headed to the mall. We ate at Chick-Fil-A, shopped at Changes, visited a few shoe stores, and Barnes and Noble. I dipped a little into the Italy fund, and picked up a few shirts, and some jeans, which I have yet to try on.

When I arrived back I talked to my mom on the phone, one of my aunts, and I talked to my best friend whose at WashU about taking the MCAT in two weeks, caught up with another one of my friends who attends WashU in St. Louis, and talked to my friend TWin.

Now I'm about to go do a two hour shift at Relay for Life, and play DJ, and play music.

Tomorrow I have to do laundry, write up the script and research for "Chris Has Issues" the public affairs show I host, come up with a play list for "The Coolout" the show I DJ, attend a production meeting for campus TV, attend a weekly staff meeting for the radio station, and do some homework.

Next week will be busy.

Next weekend I'm supposed to head back to St. Iggy, go to the Black Student Union fashion show here on campus, and attend the Gospel Choir concert at my alma mater if I can find a ride.

Tis my life, and I guess I am enjoying it!

3 Comments:

At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed your Friday nite. Whenever I come home I always have a day set aside to spend with my mother.

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger *krystyn* said...

Wow - you stay busy!!! I love ChickFila!! When are you going to Italy? I'm going this summer for a 2 week study abroad..can't wait. Glad you are enjoying life!

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

i'm going to throw myself under a train if i miss your show again next week. i really am.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home