Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

This week's quotes come from lessons I've learned through internships, and other exposure to the media and media personalities as I continue on my journey towards beginning a successful career.

Sunday- "This is the land of opportunity....you have a better chance of getting it right here than anywhere else. Give yourself a chance by being prepared." - former WJLA News Anchor Paul Berry

Monday- "There is no set course to do anything. There are easier ways, and there are harder ways." - WMAR Investigative Reporter Tisha Thompson

Tuesday- "Personalities decide if and how you are able to tell a story." -WMAR Photographer Bill Fink

Wednesday-"In this business you become public property." - WMAR Producer Donna Williams Knutson

Thursday- "I want to urge you if you do become a journalist to uphold the high standards which are so necessary to maintaining the integrity of the craft."- former CNN Anchor Judy Woodruff in an e-mail to moi

Friday- "Open up your mind before you open up your mouth."-Something I Jotted Down Years Ago While Watching TV

Saturday- "Listening is a skill."- Someone's Facebook Profile

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger Jameil said...

another thing. read and read and read. and develop a thick skin. if you can do those two things in addition to all the rest, you'll be unstoppable. read nonfiction, history, essays, just about anything you can get your hands on written by an academic. for some good fiction (beautifully written) try gabriel garcia marquez.

w/the thick skin, there will be people who will say things very bluntly. your instinct will be to get offended. don't. think first how what the person is saying can get you ahead. either as constructive criticism or as something that will make you stronger in another way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home