Impossible is Impossible

This blog is my way of reflecting upon life. Life is about living and learning. As I live and learn I’m going to reflect upon this life I lead. Hopefully I'll offer something insightful with my postings. If you learn nothing else from me, know this that “impossible is impossible”.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Preparing for the Next Step

Lately I've been meditating on the fact that before there's a new beginning, there's an ending. I have less than two weeks left at my job and I'm excited that after two years, I'm moving on. When you first start a career in television news, you're often told to start small. Those who would mentor you then advice that in order to get your career where it ultimately should be that every two years you should move on to a bigger market. Well, I started not so small and I guess that's part of the reason I was a freelancer and not a full-time employee for so long. Anyway, I'm going from Market #27 to Market #1 so I guess I'm heeding the advice that I've been given.

The bad news is that I'm still very nervous about moving to NYC. It's all a bit overwhelming closing up shop, planning a move, finding an affordable apartment, financing everything and just thinking about getting set up in "the big city."

The good news is that I may have found a roommate. So let's all pray that this works out and it makes things a lot easier for me.

More to come, stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home